Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Imagery of Fantasy -- sword & shield

This is a two piece set I did about late January. I was experimenting with the look condition and materials I wanted to use going forward.

These are meant to be playful. Not shooting for high art or anything. They measure about 10" H. x 7" W. each.
Acrylic, Sculpey, and cell phone bling on wood.

Inspired by my memories of "The Legend of Zelda" video game from 20+ years ago.
The title is "Talisman series #4 & 5 -- flaming sword and shield"






Below are some images that I have found inspiring from the movie "Legend" by Ridley Scott. This is the scene where Tom Cruise finds the treasure chamber. In the background, a wonderful little melody by Tangerine Dream is playing. Very 1985.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...